Treadmills are easily one of the most popular exercise machines out there. This is due to the fact that they have a stellar reputation. Also, they are by far the easiest to use exercise machines. You literally have to do nothing other than move your legs while on them. Many people who are looking to get fit buy treadmills. Once you buy a treadmill, you should do whatever you can to maintain it and keep it safe. Today, we’re going to talk about the best treadmill mat for reducing noise in 2020. Treadmill mats are useful accessories that can further enhance your treadmill experience. We’re going to be taking a detailed look at these mats today. Before we get into these mats, let’s take a look at some of the best treadmill mats that you can buy right now.
There is a lot to unpack when one is dealing with exercise mats, and given how much we want to protect our floors and exercise equipment, the right mat can make a lot of difference. This particular model is known for offering a number of great features.
- This is generally a good-sized mat that has dimensions of 3x6.5ft, making it capable of fitting most exercise equipment like cycles, treadmills, or an elliptical and so on.
- Like the name gives it away, this is a high-density exercise equipment mat that will protect your floor and surfaces from damage from heavy exercise equipment.
- This mat will consequentially also cover and protect your equipment from the hard floor surface as well.
- It can absorb vibrations and sounds well so you do not have to worry as much about noise created when using your exercise equipment.
- While it does come with a 2-year warranty, this particular mat cannot be classified as the most durable one yet.
The XtremepowerUS treadmill protective mat is used to be placed as a cushioning mat under your treadmill so that it can protect your floor and carpet from the effects of heavy exercise equipment.
- This mat comes with dimensions of 7.8’x3.8’, so it is of good length but it is not the widest in terms of breadth.
- The mat comes with grips along the bottom surface, and this ensures that the mat will stay in place and will not slip.
- It absorbs noise and vibrations pretty effectively.
- It is easy to clean and take care of.
- If you happen to have really heavy exercise equipment, then this particular mat might not work as well since it is not a very thick protective mat, so it will not be able to withstand the weight of the equipment well enough to prevent your floor or carpet from getting damaged.
Rubber-Cal treadmill mats are considered one of the more preferred choices when it comes to protective equipment mats,
- It is made of 100% recycled rubber.
- It is built to be abrasion and wear-resistant.
- It comes with anti-slip features as well because of its grip.
- It also absorbs both noise and shock, protecting your surfaces well.
- It is a bit more expensive, so it is recommended if you can afford the extra money and are serious about exercising or else it will be a waste of your money.
This is definitely an interesting exercise mat because it comes in tiles that can be connected with each other to form a mat.
- You can get up to 24 tiles, and all of the tiles combined can cover 96 square feet, which is a pretty reasonable distance.
- It is made of EVA foam which is known for its thickness and general protective abilities, so you can be assured that your exercise equipment will be properly cushioned.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty so you can be assured that your product will be changed if you are not happy with its performance.
- This comes with anti-moisture technology making it water-resistant, and also allowing for it to be cleaned with ease.
- It can also double as an exercise or gymnastic mat along with being a protective mat.
- This comes in different color options and some people have complained that there is a variation in the thickness of different colored mats, especially the blue one. So, if you want a thicker mat, then avoid going for the blue and opt exclusively for the black ones.
This exercise mat works for treadmills and other kinds of exercise equipment both light and heavy in weight.
- This mat comes in three different sizes, namely 2.5’x6’, 3’x8.5’, and 4’x6’ which means that you have size options that you can choose from, ensuring that you get the right size for your needs.
- This mat can also double as an aerobics mat as well.
- This is a high-density mat so you can be assured that your equipment will not end up damaging or affecting your floor surfaces.
- This mat might not be the most durable because there have been complaints about the surface flaking quicker than usual, so that is something to keep in mind.
A treadmill is a hefty investment. These exercise machines will cost you a decent amount of money. Therefore, it is important that you take proper care of your treadmill. Any decent treadmill is built to last. However, no treadmill is perfect. These imperfections can make suing a treadmill uncomfortable at times. In more extreme cases, they might even shorten the lifespan of your machine.
Fortunately, there are aftermarket products that can help you keep your treadmill safe. Treadmill mats are one such product. These mats are quite versatile and can do a lot for you and your treadmill.
What Do Treadmill Mats Do?
Treadmill mats are designed to be placed underneath a treadmill. Their purpose is rather simple; they provide a grippy and cushioned surface for your treadmill to rest on. Treadmill mats ensure that your treadmill doesn’t make direct contact with your floor. This greatly reduces the chances of your treadmill damaging your floor. They also ensure that your treadmill doesn’t skid around. A really cool thing about treadmill mats is that they help in noise reduction. Most treadmill mats are made of thick materials. These materials are great at absorbing vibrations. Having a treadmill mat under your machine can help cut down on its noise.
Treadmills can be rather noisy machines. They have a motor that powers their belt, this motor makes plenty of noise. There are higher end treadmills with silent motors. However, these treadmills cost a lot of money and aren’t and option for everybody. Even if you have a treadmill with a silent motor, your footsteps are going to make noise. Running or jogging on a treadmill is noisy.
Placing a softer layer under your treadmill can really solve noise related problems. A decent treadmill mat will absorb vibrations and make your exercise sessions quieter. A bonus feature of a treadmill mat is cleanliness. Using a treadmill is sweaty work, especially if you’re someone who sweats a lot. A treadmill mat can ensure that you don’t spray sweat all over your floor. Instead, your sweat gets absorbed by the treadmill mat, which can be cleaned out later on.
For this article, we’re going to focus on treadmill mats that are good for noise reduction. Is noise reduction is your main goal, then there are a few things that you need to look for in a treadmill mat.
What to Look For
Treadmill mat come in many shapes and sizes. There are mats that prioritize function over looks and vice versa. There are mats that designed for providing extra cushioning. And there are mats made with noise reduction kept in mind.
The very first thing that you want to think about is your budget. Just like treadmills, treadmill mats have a wide price spectrum. You want to buy a mat that is worth your money. The best way to determine your budget is to prioritize your requirements. You want noise reduction, but do you want a mat that’s easy to clean? Perhaps you want a mat that’s easy to store? Knowing what you want from a mat will really help you set your budget.
A treadmill mat that prioritizes noise reduction will be made of dense material. A dense and foam like material is ideal for noise reduction. It is capable of absorbing noise and heavy vibrations. You can find a number of mats in the market that are ideal for noise reduction. Keep in mind that not every thick mat is good at noise reduction. You need to look for mats with material that is known for having good vibration absorption. Most treadmill mats make this easier for you by advertising their noise reduction capabilities.
The material of a mat is by far the most important factor. After identifying the right material, you should think about how big your mat should be. It goes without saying that your treadmill mat should be big enough to cover the entire area under your treadmill. You can choose between treadmill mats that are made of a single piece. The other option is treadmill mats made with a number of smaller interlocking blocks. The latter kind of treadmill mats are more practical for people who don’t want to add too much clutter to their workout space.
Another feature that we think is important is whether a mat is made with recycled materials or not. This doesn’t really have a major impact on the mat’s performance. However, mats made with recycled materials are more environmentally friendly. We think that this is a major plus point since buying a mat made using recycled materials is good for the planet. Making green choices is really important nowadays.
These are all the things that you need to think about when buying a treadmill mat. Keeping all these features in mind and knowing what you want from a treadmill mat will really help you make a good purchase. A treadmill mat can be a superb investment. Not only will it help with noise reduction, it will also leave you and your machine better off.