Obesity has become a major epidemic in the developed world. People have become so busy in their lives that they’ve completely forgotten to take care of their bodies. Bad eating habits and a lack of healthy exercise are the two primary suspects here. Today, we’re going to talk about the best treadmill for morbidly obese in 2020. The reason behind why we’re going to be discussing treadmills is simple. Treadmills provide one of the easiest and most efficient ways to shed fat. A treadmill is your best bet to save yourself from becoming obese. Or if you’re already obese, a treadmill can help you treat this disease.
This folding treadmill is powered by a 2.5HP constant duty motor that offers superb power output. It has a running surface that’s 56” long and 20” wide. The roomy running surface combined with the powerful motor makes the treadmill great for running. There are also 8 compression shock absorbers built into the treadmill. When you aren’t using the treadmill, you can fold it up in order to save space.
The console features a 7” display with full colors. There are also a number of dashboard screens that show all kinds of information related to your workout. The treadmill comes with a bunch of pre-programed workout routines as well.
- The treadmill has a powerful motor that doesn’t make noise and has smooth power delivery.
- The running bed’s extra length makes it great for longer strides.
- The shock absorbers help reduce impact and make your workout more comfortable.
- The machine’s console is well-designed and easy to use.
- It comes with a number of pre-installed routines.
- It is well-built.
- The running surface is narrow.
- The machine’s Bluetooth feature is buggy and doesn’t work every time.
- The console buttons are hard to press.
Contenders For The Best Treadmill For Morbidly Obese in 2020
- LifeSpan TR1200i
- LifeSpan TR3000i
- LifeSpan TR2000e
- LifeSpan TR4000i
- LifeSpan TR5500i
- LifeSpan TR2000i
- LifeSpan TR7000i
- LifeSpan TR6000i
- LifeSpan TR8000i
A sturdy folding treadmill with a 2.75 HP continuous duty motor. The TR3000i is loaded with features that make it easy to use and also great for working out. It has a long running deck (20’’W x 56”L) and a running deck that’s 1 inch thick. The long surface lets you take longer strides without worrying about losing your footing. The extra thick deck makes sure that you have good foot-grip. It also acts as a shock absorber, reducing impact and making workouts feel comfortable. Underneath the deck, there are 8 shock absorbers that further improve the treadmill’s shock absorption. The treadmill has an easy lift system that makes folding and unfolding its running deck feel effortless.
The treadmill’s console features a full color display with touch screen controls. If you don’t like the touch controls, you can stick with the buttons that are part of the console as well. the console features a host of options that help make your workout fun and efficient.
- The treadmill has a powerful motor.
- Its long running bed is designed to ensure secure footing.
- The shock absorption system in this machine is really effective.
- The console is easy to use and has a number of features.
- The machine is very well-built. It has a high weight capacity of 350lbs.
- The assembly process of this treadmill is quite difficult.
- The running surface might feel small to extra-large people.
This folding treadmill is all about user comfort and good design. It has a 2.5 HP constant duty motor for reliable power output. The running surface is 20” wide and 56” long. The running deck is fitted with compression shocks that help with impact dampening. You can expect to have a very comfortable run on this treadmill. A cool thing about this treadmill is its smart stop safety sensor. Its folding running deck has sensors that can tell whether something is in the running deck’s way. If something is in its way, the running deck locks in place and does not lower itself.
The console features a backlit LED display and a bunch of controls. It lets you see your workout progress and also interact with the treadmill. The treadmill comes with several workout routines programmed into it as well.
- The treadmill operates quietly and without any trouble.
- The running deck has great shock absorption.
- The treadmill’s folding safety feature is great for people with pets and children.
- The console is easy to use
- The treadmill is prone to building up static shocks.
- The pre-programmed workouts can feel limited.
This treadmill features an extra powerful 3.25 HP constant duty motor. The powerful motor goes to show that this treadmill is designed for people who want to push their limits. Its running surface has a 20” width and 60” length. The extra length means that you can run on it without worrying about your foot slipping off the machine. The running deck has 8 compression shocks in it as well. These ensure that your body doesn’t wear out from impact, allowing you to workout for longer. The running surface has automated incline controls as well.
The console features a full color touch screen display and physical buttons as well. It makes interacting with the machine effortless and also lets you keep track of your progress. The machine comes with more than 50 workout programs.
- The motor in this treadmill is quite powerful.
- It features 13 levels of incline and 2 levels of decline. This allows you to make your workout even more challenging.
- The treadmill’s shock absorption system is great.
- The console is easy to use.
- It comes with more than 50 different workout options.
- The treadmill’s assembly is tough.
- The handgrips tend to get in the way at times.
The TR5000i is ideal for fitness fanatics. It has a 4 HP constant duty motor that is capable of dishing out serious amounts of power. The running deck is quite spacious (20”W x 60”L) and it has an incline option as well. The built-in shock absorbers help complete the package. This treadmill is great for long and challenging workout sessions.
The console is quite interesting as well. It has a 10” inch full color display. You can interact with the treadmill via touch controls or physical buttons on the console. The large screen makes it easier to keep track of your workout. It also makes interacting with the machine easier.
- It has a powerful motor and automated incline controls. This allows for challenging workouts.
- The shock absorption in this treadmill is great.
- The treadmill has a robust frame. It doesn’t vibrate when you’re running.
- The assembly process of this treadmill is quite easy.
- The console has an extra-large color display.
- The treadmill comes with outdated firmware that needs to be manually updated.
The TR2000i is designed to provide you with features and comfort. It has a 2.5 HP constant duty motor that powers its 20” x 56” running deck. The running deck is foldable and has automated incline controls. There’s also an 8-shock deck suspension as well. All of this makes the treadmill great for medium to high level workouts.
Its console consists of a 7” color display that lets you keep track of various things while using the machine. You can interact with the machine via physical buttons that are part of the console. Apart from being functional, the console also includes Bluetooth speakers. you can connect your phone with them and enjoy your favorite audio while you workout.
- The treadmill has a capable motor that functions smoothly.
- It has a sturdy frame.
- Its shock absorption system reduces impact quite nicely.
- The console is interactive and easy to use.
- The treadmill’s assembly is tricky.
- You need to manually update its firmware or else you might experience bugs.
This treadmill is designed with commercial use kept in mind. It has a 3.5 HP commercial AC motor as its main power source. The commercial motor is capable of performing well at low speeds and also at high speeds. The running deck is 22” wide and 62” long, making it very roomy. The powerful motor is also capable of powering the machine smoothly throughout all of its 15 incline levels. Its entire body is made from stainless steel, making the treadmill really sturdy.
The console features a backlit LCD display and a host of physical controls. You can choose from the 21 different exercise programs that this machine has in it.
- It comes with a commercial motor that is extra powerful and extra durable.
- It has a roomy running surface.
- The treadmill has 15 incline levels.
- Its body is made from stainless steel.
- The treadmill comes with 21 carefully designed workout routines.
- The backlit LCD display is lacking.
- The treadmill is really heavy.
Fitted with a 3.5HP commercial motor and a wide running deck, this treadmill is ideal for intense workouts. It’s a commercial grade treadmill that is designed for being used excessively. The running deck has dimensions of 22” x 60” and it has incline/decline controls. The motor and running belt are both made with wear and tear kept in mind. You can expect this treadmill to last you for a long time.
The console has a 6” LCD display and features a host of well-designed controls. The machine has 46 different running programs, all of which are designed to give you a challenge.
- The commercial motor is powerful and it’s built to last.
- The treadmill is durable. It has a steel body and all of its major components are exceptionally robust.
- Its running deck is roomy and can incline/decline.
- The intuitive console makes it very easy to use the machine.
- The treadmill is heavy.
This treadmill is designed to provide a gentle and safe walking experience. It is powered by a 5 HP magnet AC motor that produces high torque at low speeds. This motor allows the treadmill to provide a gentle and smooth walking speed. It can also function well at high speeds. It also has full-length handrails for added safety and stability. The running surface is quite spacious (22” x 62”) as well. You can also incline the running deck. This allows you to increase the challenge of your workout without increasing the level of impact.
The machine has a basic console with a backlit LCD display and physical controls. It’s a superb treadmill for anyone looking to recover from an injury.
- A great rehabilitation machine. Its 5 HP motor is capable of operating smoothly at low and high speeds.
- Full body handrails provide extra support and ensure the user’s safety.
- The running surface can be inclined in order to increase the workout challenge.
- It can be used as a rehabilitation machine and also a high-performance exercise machine.
- The treadmill is quite heavy.
- Its design makes it bulky and space hungry.
In this section of our article, we’re going to take a look at why treadmills are ideal for treating obesity. Everyone knows that obesity is a very serious disease. And it’s a slippery slope that constantly deteriorates your health. Most people with obesity end up with diabetes, heart disease, and a variety of other, life threatening illnesses. Luckily, obesity is treatable. All you need is to come up with a diet plan and being exercising.
Why Are Treadmills Great For Treating Obesity?
You need to work out in order to remain fit. However, when you become fat, your bodyweight increases significantly. This increase in your weight places more strain on your body, and makes working out harder. This paradox is what makes working out incredibly hard for obese people. Their bodyweight exceeds to a point where simple movement takes great effort. This is where treadmills come in.
Treadmills are really easy to use exercise machines. They are designed to simulate the strenuous effects of walking/jogging/running. However, simply mimicking those effects isn’t all that they do. Treadmills take things up a notch by turning these everyday activities into efficient workouts. They do so with the help of various features. Treadmills makes walking efficient and more comfortable. They minimize the extra stress that your body experiences when you walk. This feature of treadmills makes them especially useful for overweight people.
A treadmill can effectively reduce the amount of “impact” your body experiences when you walk. Whenever we walk, our feet hit the ground and form rebounding energy that travels back into our body. This energy has an impact on our ankles and our knees. The more body mass you have, the more the impact. Obese people have to experience a lot more impact than normal. This harms their leg joints and makes walking for extended periods of time painful.
This impact can be reduced by walking on surfaces that are good at absorbing energy. A treadmill’s running platform is designed with shock absorption kept in mind. This allows treadmills to provide a low impact walking experience. This feature makes treadmills a comfortable, safe, and efficient means of exercise for obese people.
What to Look For
Being morbidly obese means that you have to be extra careful when purchasing a treadmill. This is due to the fact that you’re going to weigh far more than an average person. You must find a treadmill that has the power needed to support your body. Fortunately, there are plenty of treadmills out there that are built with heavy people kept in mind. Now, how can you tell which treadmill is which? Simply by looking out for a few key features.
The very first thing that you want is a powerful motor. Every treadmill is powered by an electric motor. The power of this motor (measured in Horsepower) determines how fast a treadmill can go. It also determines how much user weight capacity a treadmill can carry comfortably. A powerful motor is needed for an obese user so their bodyweight doesn’t over stress the motor. A motor that faces too much stress will end up breaking down sooner.
Another thing to keep in mind is that obese people exclusively use treadmills for walking. If this is the case for you as well then you should go for a motor with low RPM. A powerful motor with a high RPM is designed to run at high speeds. Keeping it running at low speeds for long periods of time can burn it out. A low RPM motor is designed to function at lower speeds. Hence, it’s more suitable for people who don’t plan on running on their treadmill.
Apart from the motor and weight capacity, you also need to focus on shock absorption. Every treadmill has some sort of shock absorption system under its belt. Some use plain old springs while others use more advanced technologies. You want to make sure that you get a treadmill with solid shock absorption. This will ensure that your body has to experience as little impact as possible. A quality shock absorption system should provide you with a solid feeling platform to walk on. One of the best indicators of a quality shock absorber is that you can’t tell whether it’s there or not.
These are all the major things that you should focus on. It goes without saying that you should make sure to buy a treadmill with a sturdy frame. And also with a wide and spacious belt. Comfort and longevity are what you’re looking for.
Obesity is a dangerous disease that creeps up on you. Once it gets its hands on you, your health begins deteriorating like crazy. Luckily, obesity can be treated with exercise and healthy eating. Treadmills are easily one of the best machines for treating obesity. They provide you with a low impact and efficient approach to an already easy exercise. A treadmill can help you cut body fat and also improve your cardiovascular health.
There are plenty of treadmills out there. Not all of them are suitable for obese people. Finding the right one depends on how well can you identify the right features.