The obesity rate across the world has been sky rocketing in the past few decades. This is thanks to a prevalence of unhealthy lifestyles and bad dietary decisions. Fortunately, this dangerous disease can be controlled. All you need to do is incorporate exercise into your routine. This has never been easier thanks to a variety of high-tech exercise machines available in the market. Recumbent exercise bikes are a great example of these high-tech machines. Today, we are going to talk about the best recumbent bike for obese in 2020. We’re going to review a few great products and then talk about how these recumbent exercise bikes can help with obesity.
R5i is not just another average recumbent bike. It is one of the best and sturdy recumbent bikes that are fit for both home and commercial use. It is a relatively lightweight recumbent bike with warranties ranging from 1 to 5 years for different parts.
The R5i Recumbent Bike comes with a large padded seat to easily accommodate you no matter what you size or weight might be. It is designed to provide you with extra comfort with the help of its lumbar support added with the back seat.
This recumbent exercise bike comes with heartrate monitors integrated into its armrests, so, you can keep an eye on your heartrate when exercising without even moving your hands. Additionally, one of the best features of this amazing recumbent bike is that is created its own power. So, it doesn’t need any extra wires, and is perfectly eco friendly.
- It is built ergonomically to provide you with comfort when exercising.
- It operates quietly, and doesn’t need any additional power to operate.
- Comes with 34 exercise programs to choose from.
- Built in heart rate monitor integrated into the armrests.
- Maximum weight capacity 400 lbs.
- You can’t lift your body up to apply more force.
- Costly as compared to some other alternatives.
Contenders For The Best Recumbent Bike For Obese in 2020
- LifeSpan R5i
- LifeSpan R7000i
- Exerpeutic Gold 525XLR
- Exerpeutic GOLD 500 XLS
- Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RB4708
- HCI Fitness PhysioStep
- Fitnex R70
- ProForm Hybrid Trainer
- Diamondback 510SR
The R7000i commercial recumbent bike is one of the best exercise bikes that you can get under the price tag it offers. The exercise bike also features a useful step thru form factor that allows you to get on and off the machine easily.
One of the greatest things about R7000i is that its fully standalone, and uses the power generated by your pedalling to power up the console. What even better? You can even charge any other electrical device (like your cellphone) with the power generated by your own pedalling. The machine comes with USB ports for easy connection with other accessories.
The body of this durable machine is made of steel frame to provide you with an authentic outdoor bicycling experience. You can choose from the available resistance levels to optimize your excercise. Additionally, the seat is sufficiently padded to provide you with maximum comfort during excercise. It is also eco-friendly as its fully powered by you.
- Great build quality.
- Ergonomic, sufficiently padded seat.
- Environmentally Friendly (since its fully powered by you).
- Less resistance levels as compared to its alternatives.
- The device charging feature is a gimmick.
- Insufficiently padded armrests.
A compact recumbent bike that can hold up to 400 lbs. of weight capacity. This exercise bike is made with portability and storage kept in mind. It can be folded for easy storage. The seat has a cushioned base and a back support as well. The seat has an adjustable height, it can accommodate people as tall as six foot and 3 inches.
The exercise bike features a magnetic tension system with 8 levels of resistance. It even has transportation wheels that make dragging the bike around a lot easier.
- The bike is incredibly compact. It can be folded to half its size for storage.
- Despite its small size, it can easily support up to 400 lbs. The bike is designed for heavier people.
- Its seat has an adjustable height, making the bike suitable for short and tall people.
- The bike's pedalling system uses magnetic tension.
- Despite the adjustable height, shorter people can have a hard time reaching the handles.
- It's pedalling system is prone to failure.
Another variant of the bike mentioned above, this one includes a flywheel. A major difference between this bike and the one above is that this one is an Upright bike. An upright bike has more impact than a recumbent one. However, they are better at burning fat as well. Upright bike is ideal for people who want to burn fat and don't have any join related problems.
This bike is portable, has a strong frame, and has transportation wheels.
- It has a foldable frame that makes storing this bike really easy.
- The bike can support up to 400 lbs. of weight.
- It has a wide and cushioned seat.
- It's flywheel and magnetic tension system make the bike feel smooth. It operates without noise.
- This bike isn't ideal for short people. the seat doesn't have any adjustability options.
A simple looking recumbent exercise bike that features a high weight capacity. It can hold up to 350 lbs. The bike has arm handles as well. This means you can use it for full body workout programs as well. The bike's seat is cushioned to maximize comfort and stimulate blood flow in long sessions. The seat is larger than average, making it suitable for larger people. The bike has transport wheels that make moving it around easy. It offers 8 different resistance levels and has a small display as well.
- The bike has movable handlebars that allow for full body workouts. You can perform isolated upper body workouts as well.
- The bike's seat is extra cushioned and quite wide.
- The bike's maximum weight capacity is 350 lbs.
- It has built-in transport wheels that make moving it around easier.
- The bike's movable handholds can seem too short.
- The bike's frame isn't of the best quality.
- Making adjustments to the bike can be troublesome.
This recumbent exercise bike is made with maximum comfort kept in mind. It features a smooth, elliptical like pedalling action. This maximizes its ability to provide a low-impact workout. It also has handholds that let you workout your upper body as well. This bike's seat is extra cushioned and is built with heavier people kept in mind. It's seat is quite wide and the back offers extra support as well. You can adjust the angle of the seat's back in 3 different positions.
A feature that makes this bike really stand out is its Swivel seat. The seat can be rotated to the side in order to make mounting/dismounting easier. This feature is great for people who have joint problems or are recovering from some sort of injury. You don't have to spread your legs too far every time you get on the bike.
Apart from extra comfort, this bike has a built-in display, a console with storage, and 12 programs for different kinds of workouts.
- Ideal for people with conditions that limit their range of motion.
- The bike has an extra cushioned seat and an elliptical like pedalling motion. This makes it incredibly low impact.
- The bike has a maximum weight capacity of 500 lbs.
- You have the option to work your upper body as well.
- This machine is suitable for short people.
A commercial grade recumbent exercise bike with a very stable base. This heavy duty exercise bike is designed to provide cyclists with low impact strength training for their legs. However, it can also be suitable for people looking to lose weight. The bike has a stable base which makes it suitable for intense workouts. It has an adjustable seat with reinforced back support. The seat features handlebars as well.
The bike has an easy to use LED interface that keeps you updated about your workout. You can track your heart rate, the calories you burn, and more. The bike's belt resistance is magnetic, this keeps its functioning silent and minimizes wear and tear as well.
- The bike has a stable base and features a max weight capacity of 400 lbs.
- The bike's belt system has magnetic resistance. You can choose between 16 levels of frictionless resistance.
- You get a lifetime warranty on parts.
- The bike is quite heavy and takes up plenty of space.
- It's assembly is difficult.
- The screen remains on only when you're pedalling the machine.
This exercise bike is a two in one deal. You get a recumbent exercise bike and an elliptical trainer in the same machine. This machine offers a very versatile low-impact workout. You can engage your entire body with a single machine. In recumbent mode, you get a seat with a backrest and handlebars. In order to go into elliptical mode, all you have to do is stand up. The pedals are connected with standing hand holds that can be used to engage your upper body.
Apart from being a two in one machine, this bike has a number of other features as well. You get an LCD screen that makes tracking your progress easier. The bike also has an EKG heart rate monitor that keeps tabs on your heart. The exercise bike comes with 14 pre-programmed workouts and 14 different resistance levels to pick from.
- Unique two in one design makes the exercise bike versatile. You can train your entire body with it.
- The bike has an inertia fly-wheel that makes exercise sessions feel a lot smoother.
- The bike can hold up to 350 lbs. This makes it ideal for obese people wanting to lose weight.
- You get a 90 day parts and labour warranty with the machine.
- The bike's design makes it tricky to assemble.
- The bike begins to feel unstable during intense workouts. Its parts tend to rattle.
A well-made recumbent exercise bike that is designed with ergonomics kept in mind. The exercise bike features a cushioned seat with back support. The height and distance of the seat can be adjusted. This bike's most notable feature is its console. The console is designed to be incredibly easy to use. It has an LCD display that lets you keep track of your workout programs. You can also choose from 20 different pre-programmed workouts that come with the machine. The exercise bike offers 16 levels of resistance and has a frictionless braking system to minimize noise.
This bike comes equipped with a variety of sensors as well. Including heart rate sensors built into the bike's handlebars. You can also keep your entertained on this bike thanks to its built-in media bay. You get MP3 speakers, a headphone jack, and a magazine rack as well.
- Designed with ease of use kept in mind. It's easy to use interface makes it ideal for the elderly or obese people who are new to recumbent exercise bikes.
- The bike has a very comfortable seat.
- The bike offers plenty of adjustability. You can fine tune the seats height, angle, and its distance from the pedals.
- The handlebars and console angle can be adjusted as well.
- You get 20 pre-programmed workouts and 16 magnetic resistance levels to choose from.
- Making adjustments to the seat is difficult.
- During pedalling, the bike's seat tends to make noise and wobble.
- You don't have an option to adjust the console screen's brightness or turn it off.
You can also check out our review on Nautilus R614 here.
Recumbent exercise bikes have been gaining popularity over the past few years. They offer a low-impact, high-efficiency form of workout. How do they manage to do this? Recumbent bikes improve upon the capabilities of upright bikes. Buying a recumbent bike can be tricky for a first timer. There are plenty of factors that you must take into account. In order to make the buying process easier for yourself, you need to develop a better understanding of how these bikes work. In order to figure this out, one can compare recumbent bikes with upright bikes.
Recumbent Bikes vs. Upright Bikes
Recumbent bikes are an improved version of upright bikes. They both target the same muscle groups and offer similar workout patterns. However, recumbent bikes are able to do this more effectively. This is due to their improved design. A recumbent bike is designed to hold its user in a reclined position during the workout. This bike comes with an angled seat with a backrest and arm rests. Also, the pedals are positioned in front of the user rather than under them. This minor change in the bike’s design makes a huge difference. Maintaining a reclined position removes pressure and stress from the user’s back. It also reduces the amount of impact the user’s joints have to experience.
Upright bikes are designed like traditional bikes. They’re pretty effective, but cannot be used for long periods of time. This is because an upright bike forces its user to maintain an awkward seating position. The user’s back remains under stress, leading to discomfort. This discomfort prevents one from having long exercise sessions on the machine.
Recumbent bikes eliminate discomfort and excessive stress on the body. This allows the user to work on their lower torso without having to worry about the rest of their body. As a result, users can enjoy a more efficient an effective workout on these bikes.
Check out recumbent bikes for tall people here.
Why Are Recumbent Bikes Good For Countering Obesity?
The biggest problem of being obese is that your body cannot withstand its own weight. This prevents people from following effective workout routines. A recumbent bike provides and effective solution to this problem. Instead of having to subject one’s body to pressure that can damage your joints, you can simply use a recumbent bike. These bikes let you workout in a position that places minimum stress on the body. It also allows you to train the largest muscles in your body; your leg muscles.
A steady workout session on a recumbent bike can help you burn calories like crazy. It’s a great form of cardio and strength training for your legs. The low-impact nature of this workout lets you have longer sessions. One of the key aspects of an obesity countering workout routine is to burn fat. A recumbent bike offers one of the best and most comfortable ways of doing this.
Check out recumbent bikes for people with short legs here.
What to look For
Now, there are a few things that you should keep in mind before buying a recumbent bike. Being obese means that your bodyweight is above average and so are your proportions. You need to take both of these things into account if you want to buy a comfortable bike.
Seat design is something that you should be concerned about. Recumbent bikes come with a variety of seat designs. You want one that is well-cushioned so that long sessions on the bike don’t leave your backside feeling sore. You also want to go for seats that offer ventilation. A ventilated seat will make remaining seated for extended periods of time more enjoyable. The seat should also be durable. A durable seat adds to the stability of a bike. It also keeps the user secure and minimizes the chances of any accidents occurring.
Another important factor is the overall stability of a machine. A stable bike should evenly distribute its user’s bodyweight. It should also stay in place during workout sessions. Stability is a really important factor as it determines the safety of a bike. An unstable bike could easily topple over and injure its user. Normally, larger bikes offer greater stability.
A really cool thing about recumbent bikes is their feedback screens. These screens provide you with real time information about your workout. It can be a great way to keep track of your progress as you workout. Feedback screens are recommended for people who want to burn excessive fat. They make keeping track of your progress and goals easier. Some bikes take their feedback screens to the next level. They come with heart rate monitors that let you monitor your body in greater detail.
Check out recumbent bikes for people with bad back here.
Recumbent bikes are incredibly efficient exercise machines. They are designed to offer a low-impact workout experience that makes them ideal for overweight people. Recumbent bikes are also designed to maximize the efficiency of your workout. Meaning that you can reach your workout goals a whole lot faster with them.
Recumbent bikes come in many shapes and sizes. There are loads of factors that must be taken into account before buying one. Overweight people need to focus on stability and seat design. A bike needs to be stable in order to keep you secure during a workout. It must also have a comfortable and durable seat in order to support your body.