Infrared heating pads have been gaining popularity for a while now. They are considered to be far more superior to other types of heating pads. This is because of the fact that infrared heating pads make use of the latest technological advancements in heating. In fact, they are so effective that they are now being recommended as alternatives to pain relief medication. Today, we will be taking a look at a number of great products that are worth buying. We will also go through a brief buyer’s guide that will tell you all that you need to know about infrared heating pads.
This heating mat is made in Korea by Hyundai Medical and happens to boast a fair share of advantages. The first one being the fact that you can find this mat in a number of different sizes, where mini versions are 31” L x 20” W, and the extra-large variants happen to come in 75” L x 39” W, so the variability in sizes will allow you to choose a mat size that actually works with you.
- The mat essentially comes with 15 thick layers of covering, and layers of Korean and Brazilian grade amethysts.
- The gemstones will help to emit negative ions and far-infrared technology, both of which will help facilitate healing.
- It comes with a controller so you can adjust the temperature to your liking, without having to worry about overheating.
- The entire setup process is really quick and can be done by anyone.
- It happens to be EMF free.
- It happens to come with a pretty hefty price.
- While it is water-resistant, you will still have to wipe down the mat after every use.
- A 1-2 hour session is recommended at most, but the session time of the mat itself can go up to 9 hours.
Top 7 Best Infrared Heating Pads in 2020
- Classic Ereada Mat
- MediCrystal Mat
- HealthyLine Mesh JT Mat
- Thermotex Far Infrared Heating Pad
- Healthyline Jade And Tourmaline Far Infrared Heating Pad
- UTK Jade And Tourmaline Far Infrared Heating Pad
While the first heating mat happened to come with 15 layers of covering, this one happens to come with over 18 layers, so it is three layers ahead. This mat also happens to come in a number of sizes.
- Its thick 18 layer covering happens to contain 100% untreated, raw, amethyst crystals.
- The raw amethyst crystals, when heated will release deep impact far-infrared heat, and negative ions, both of which will facilitate healing.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It also comes with hot stones that help the body to detoxify and maintain its level of sugar, cholesterol, and overall immune and metabolic system.
- There is a heat-resistant triangle on the surface of the mat which will show you the crystals underneath.
- It cannot be bent.
- A standard session should not last more than half an hour and is only to be used 2-3 times a week.
HealthyLine happens to be a company that is FDA registered and approved. The mat comes with natural jade and tourmaline lining. This heating mat exists to help provide pain relief, and you can notice that relief within a single 30-minute session.
- The far infrared rays help to target muscle and joint pain in order to provide some relief from it.
- The hot stone on the mat is there is help improve blood circulation, and to deal with muscle stiffness and cramps.
- The negative ions that come from the jade and tourmaline will help to improve lung function, dealing with headaches, insomnia, and to generally increase positive changes in the body.
- It can be easily rolled up and stored away.
- There have been some instances where people had to deal with inconsistent heating in their mats, so you should be mindful of that and get it replaced if you notice something similar in your mat.
Thermotex is a company that has patented its technology for the past 23 years for its work in pain management and healing. All of its technology is created to deal with pain and inflammation.
- This particular model alone comes with 3 far infrared inserts that happen to be patented. These heat inserts will be able to target safely and effectively in pain areas.
- The far-infrared heat technology can penetrate over 2 inches of skin, into the muscle, so being able to reach the site of pain or inflammation better.
- The 3 heating inserts allow for you to be able to use the map for anywhere in the body, be it for your back, dealing with period cramps by lying on your stomach, dealing with other muscular and joint pain and so on.
- Covers can easily be removed and cleaned in the washing machine.
- It comes with just a one year warranty.
- The heat cannot be adjusted.
This healing mat comes with jade, tourmaline, and hot stones to help facilitate healing. It also happens to come with a breathable mesh covering as well.
- The infrared technology in this mat can tackle up to 4-6 inches deep into your muscles and tissues, providing better pain relief.
- The hot stones help to relax the body and to deal with any sort of muscle stiffness, making your body softer and more receptive to other treatments.
- The hot stones are also placed in certain pressure points, so when your body presses up against those pressure points, it instantly relaxes and feels temporary pain relief.
- The mesh allows for the mat to be more breathable, and also allows you to be able to look at the layers of jade and tourmaline that is placed under it.
- It can be rolled to a small length, or if you are looking for something bigger, you can find models that are really long and will allow you to rest your entire body on it.
- It does not come with a long-term warranty.
- Heat cannot be adjusted completely to your liking.
This heating pad makes use of both natural jade stones along with carbon fiber to help provide the best possible results.
- The carbon fiber, combined with the far-infrared rays makes for a deep, and even penetration of heat in the body.
- It comes with a memory function, so you can simply have it automatically adjust itself to your preferred settings after a single-use.
- The temperature of the heating pad can be adjusted according to your liking via the controls.
- The natural jade stone helps to promote natural healing and to increase overall wellness in your body.
- It does not have any variations in size, and is in fact, small for some people.
- It comes with a pretty hefty price point when compared to the prices offered by its competitors.
Heating pads sound like pretty simple devices. However, there’s a lot more to heating pads than one might think. The more you know about infrared heating pads, the better your chances will be of buying a quality pad. This is what this buyer’s guide is all about.
How Do Infrared Heating Pads Work?
As their name suggests, these pads produce heat. Their primary purpose is to provide the body with targeted heat relief. Heat can be incredibly therapeutic for the body as long as it is applied in a controlled manner. Have you ever noticed how relaxing a hot shower can be? That’s because of the fact that heat from a hot shower enters the body and relaxes the muscles. These heating pads take this relaxing effect of heat to the next level. These pads make use of a combination of natural stones such as jade or tourmaline and infra-red rays. Infra-red rays are projected through these stones and enter deep into the body.
This way, infrared heating pads are able to deliver heat up to 5cm deep into the body. What’s good about deeper penetration is that heat reaches all the way to your muscles, bones, and nerves. Regular heating pads are only able to deliver heat as deep as 2-3mm into the body. Compared to infrared heating pads, they are capable of providing next to no relief at all. The deeper delivery of heat that infrared pads offer makes them much more effective. They can continue providing relief several hours after a heat therapy session.
Are Infrared Heating Pads Safe to Use?
There’s a common misunderstanding regarding infrared heat pads. People often think that their use of infrared may come with harmful side effects. You can rest assured that these heating pads are totally safe to use. They cannot harm your body in any way. Their method of heat delivery is quite controlled as well. This means that you never have to worry about an infrared heating pad accidentally burning your body.
What Benefits Can You Expect?
We have already talked about the primary benefit of a heating pad above. An infrared heating pad can provide long lasting relief from even the most painful ailments. However, this isn’t all that they are capable of doing. Apart from providing superb heat therapy, an infrared heating pad can stimulate blood circulation as well.
When infrared light gets projected onto your body, it converts into energy as it enters your skin. This energy is what increases the temperature of your body and results in your body heating up. Since infrared light penetrates deeper into our body, it delivers heat energy throughout our tissue. Not only does this relax the muscles, it also relaxes your veins and capillaries. This stimulates blood circulation in the area. The promotion of blood flow in an area accelerates the body’s ability to heal the said area.
The relaxing effect of infrared heat loosens up one’s body. You can expect to feel de-stressed and relaxed after every session. Regular sessions can even help you increase your range of motion by quite a bit.
If you’re someone who suffers from chronic pains then an infrared heat pad can be a godsend. A single session from an infrared heat pad can provide as much as 6 hours of relief. These pads are so effective that they can even reduce your dependency on your medication.
Things to Look For in a Good Infrared Heating Pad
Now, there are loads of heating pads available in the market. Sadly, not all of them are worth buying. There are a handful of factors that you should keep in mind when buying an infrared heating pad. Familiarizing yourself with these factors will ensure that you buy a superb product.
The first thing that you need to look for is the type of stones used in a heating pad. These heating pads make use of natural stones in order to project infrared light. When buying a heating pad, make sure that it uses quality, real stones. Stones such as amethyst, jade, and tourmaline are common. Some pads make use of carbon fiber instead of natural stones.
The size of a heating pad is really important. If you’re planning on use a heating pad for a small area, such as the lower back, then you should stick to a smaller pad. However, if you want full-back relief then you’ll have to buy a larger pad.
The temperature range of a heating pad is important as well. You want to go for pads that offer wider temperature settings. This way, you have more options when it comes to your personal preferences while using the heating pad.
Infrared heating pads are incredibly useful devices. They make use of infrared light to provide targeted and controlled heat therapy to the body. They are completely safe to use, and compared to normal heating pads, are far more effective as well. These heating pads are highly recommended for people who suffer from chronic pains or illnesses such as arthritis.
After having gone through this article, you are now ready to purchase a superb infrared heating pad for yourself.