Fitness trackers are currently all of the rage, and you will find people of all ages using one and then swearing by the benefits of owning one, and they are not wrong. Fitness trackers can really benefit your workout and overall lifestyle if you are using the right one. Now, fitness trackers happen to come in varying price points, and before you go ahead by the cheapest or the most expensive one on the market, it is better to do your research.
Top 5 Fitness Tracker For The Money in 2019
- AMOLED touch display: color screen and adjustable screen brightness; full screen touch and...
- 5ATM: 50M water resistance, pool swim and open water with a 6-axis imu sensor, providing...
- Utilize 24/7 heart rate to more accurately track calorie burn, resting heart rate & heart...
- Track all day activity, including steps, distance, hourly activity, active minutes and...
- Languages Included English and Chinese.
- Battery Life: 135mAh battery capacity built in the Mi Band 4, max working time up to 20...
- ❤️ Original Honor Band 4: Please choose the original Honor band from PADY Official...
- ❤️ Sleep monitor: 8 sleep mode, 6 typical sleep problems identify automatically...
- Features always-on customizable color display and 1+ year battery life; no charging...
- Tracks steps, distance and calories burned, monitors sleep and provides a personalized...
What Fitness Trackers Do
We are all aware of the MyFitPal and Samsung Health and other such apps already installed on our devices. Well, these applications kind of work like fitness tracking device, only they do a much cruder job compared to a cheap fitness tracker. An activity tracker is a device that can be worn like a watch and is used to help you monitor a number of different things ranging from the number of steps you have walked, your sleep cycle, how many calories you have burnt and so on.
Different Ways to Use a Fitness Tracker
Many people have different questions regarding fitness trackers, but the most common one is what exactly a fitness tracking device does. There is a misconception that fitness trackers only track the distance you cover, the steps you take and your overall calories burned. This is only partly true because yes, a fitness tracker does handle all of these things, but at the same time, it is not just limited to that. A fitness tracker can do a bunch of different things, and depending on your model, this may or may not include:
- Heart rate monitor and blood pressure monitor
- Monitoring your stress levels
- Sleep tracking
- Keeping up with how many calories you are consuming in a day, and then how many calories you have left to consume after each meal
- Mapping your body’s progress towards your goal and so on.
Types of Fitness Trackers
Another common misconception that people have is that fitness trackers are that they will only be able to monitor outdoor activity and not activities that involve being in the gym. There are actually different kinds of fitness trackers, and these fitness trackers are designed to monitor different kinds of physical activities. Some fitness trackers are designed to work well with runners, people who go cycling, or just people who do most of their walking outdoors. Then there are fitness trackers that are waterproof and can monitor activities like swimming, rock climbing, hiking, etc. Lastly, there are fitness trackers that are designed to complement and keep track of gym-related activities. These trackers can keep track of your activity on the treadmill, elliptical, and you can then add in different levels of workouts into your fitness tracker as well. Plus, with these kinds of fitness trackers, you can also get coaching, so the tracker can design an exercise or workout plan that might help you reach your fitness goal better.
Buying Yourself a Fitness Tracker
A lot of people are buying fitness trackers these days, so it is safe to say that there is a high market demand for the product. This means that there are a lot of companies and brands that are taking out their own versions of fitness trackers, and the price ranges of these fitness trackers range from under $100 to over hundreds of dollars. This means it can get really confusing trying to decide which one to buy. So, when there are so many options and you want to make sure you get the best possible fitness tracker and the best possible cost, it can get overwhelming. This is why we have listed a few things for you to keep in mind when you are out buying a fitness tracker.
- You want to make sure that you buy your fitness tracker from a renowned and reliable company, and in order to do that, you want to do your research and lookup different companies that make fitness trackers and then separate the ones with a good track record from the ones with a bad one.
- Of course, you should also ask around people you know about their experience with their own fitness tracker, whether they think the price of the tracker was justifiable with the features it was offering, and whether or not they would recommend it to you.
- You should look into features when it comes to fitness trackers. You want to make sure that the fitness tracker is able to monitor all of the things that are essential for you or else you are just spending money on a fitness tracker that you cannot even use properly. So, if you need a fitness tracker that will help monitor your marathon prep progress as well as your sleep monitoring, there is no use buying a fitness tracker that offers 5 other features but does not offer training progress, then there is no point in buying it because you are essentially paying extra for features you do not want at the cost of a feature that is actually really important to you.
- Chances are that you will most likely wear your fitness tracker everywhere with you, so it is important that your fitness tracker actually looks good at well because there is no point buying a cheap or a very expensive tracker when you know that the display is not something you like. So, regardless of whatever price point, your fitness tracker falls in, you want to make sure that the look and feel of the tracker is something you are happy and comfortable with or else you will just end up wasting money or not be able to utilize the fitness tracker properly.
- If the tracker you currently like is too expensive, you can wait for season deals and online discounts in order to save some extra money.