It is hard to believe that 2019 has already come to an end. So, as we ring the bell into another new year, we are going to be saying goodbye to a number of old trends from last year, however, one trend that is still ongoing is fitness trackers and smartwatches. Of course, some people have not been able to try them out properly because of skin allergies, and that is why we are going to talk about fitness trackers for sensitive skin to give you a chance to try them out.
Garmin is renowned for its high-end sports devices and fitness watches for athletes but Vivosmart 4 by Garmin is an everyday fitness tracker that you can get at an amazingly affordable price. This slimline, water-proof wearable tracker not only looks super trendy and fashionable but also comes with an array of features to help you remain active at all times of the day. Perhaps the best thing about Garmin Vivosmart 4 is that its band is made of high-quality silicone that does not irritate the skin, making it suitable for people with sensitive skin. Vivosmart features a wrist-based Pulse Ox sensor that gauges the blood oxygen saturation levels along with a heart rate sensor, stress tracker and relaxation breathing timer. Moreover, this device also includes a Body Battery energy monitoring to help you figure out whether you can stay active or can stay active. Another great thing about the Garmin Vivosmart fitness tracker is that it has a long battery life that can last up to 7 days if you don't use the Pulse Ox tracking. As for the display, you get a 6.6mm x 17.7mm OLED display with an auto-adjustable brightness level, making it easier for you to read the screen at all times. On the whole, Vivosmart 4 offers all the features you need at an affordable price along with the Garmin seal of approval which is why we highly recommend it.
- Slim and trendy
- Features Pulse Ox sleep tracking
- Can be connected to your smartphone’s GPS
- The screen is too small
Contenders For The Top Fitness Trackers For Sensitive Skin in 2020
If you are looking for a cost-effective and efficient fitness tracker to become more active and reach your daily fitness goals, Moov Now 3D Fitness Tracker is a good choice for you. This personal trainer offers an easy and ingenious way to keep track of your progress without spending a fortune. The tracker is powered by a coin-cell battery with a life of up to 6 months and is waterproof so you can use it while swimming and showering too. Moov Now Fitness Tracker can be paired with the Moov Coach app that is available on both android and iOS. It offers multiple workout programs as well as coaching for running, walking, cycling and swimming and makes use of Omni motion accelerometers to keep track of your workouts as well as sleep. On the whole, Moov Now 2D Fitness Tracker and Coach is a great choice if you need the motivation to achieve your goals without getting into the technicalities of tracking your workouts.
- Comfortable to wear
- Long battery life
- Compatible with Moov Now Coach app
- Can track your sleep and workouts
- Syncing is problematic
Another great fitness tracker for sensitive skin is the Withings Steel HR Sport Smartwatch that comes with attractive packing at a great price. This slim hybrid smartwatch doesn't take a lot of space on your wrists but works perfectly to help you keep track of your activities. Steel HR Sport offers you a number of features, including sleep tracking and heart rate tracking. Moreover, this smartwatch incorporates 30 sport modes to cater to the varying activities of different users so you will surely find something you're interested in. Moreover, you can also connect it to your smartphone and receive notification for calls, texts, and apps directly on your smartwatch. As far as the battery is concerned, Withings Steel HR Sport offers a battery life of up to 25 days in power reserve mode and 5 days in the workout mode, all on a single full charge that only takes 2 hours. All in all, the Withings Steel HR Sport smartwatch is for the people who want a classy hybrid smartwatch that will last for a long time and allow them to track their fitness goals without digging too deep into the nitty gritty details.
- Attractive design
- Waterproof up to 50 meters
- Long battery life
- Supports smartwatch notifications
- VO2 tracking to detect oxygen levels
- Screen is small
Xiaomi Mi Band 3 fitness tracker may not be the most high-tech fitness tracker will all the incredible features that you may find inexpensive models but it definitely offers a lot for what's it worth. Weighing only 20 grams, this light fitness tracker is super compact and light which makes it comfortable to wear. The touchscreen OLED displays real-time stats including your heart rate and exercise duration amongst other things. Moreover, Xiaomi Mi Band 3 is waterproof for up to 50 meters and thanks to the 110mAh battery, it has a battery life of more than a week. You can use it to keep your health and fitness activities under check by keeping track of your heart rate, sleep quality and sedentary reminder. Also, you can pair your fitness tracker with your mobile phone to accept or reject calls and receive notifications. Overall, Xiaomi Mi Band 3 Fitness tracker offers good value for your money which is why we think it's a good buy.
- Large OLED screen
- 50 meter water-resistant
- Long battery life
- Simple design
- No GPS
- Screen visibility is poor outside
A new and unique Fitness Tracker by Moov is the HR Sweat Fitness Tracker that not only allows you to track your pulse but also lets you design an optimal fitness regime for yourself by offering real-time coaching. What sets Moov HR Sweat apart from the other fitness trackers in the market is the fact that it is designed to be worn on the head. You can connect Moov HR Sweat to your phone by using the Moov app and plan your workouts accordingly. The app’s vocal coach guides you throughout HIIT workouts to boost your heart rate and make your workout sessions more effective. Moreover, the Moov HR Sweat fitness tracker features an innovative Sweatproof Pulsevation technology to ensure that you get an unparalleled accuracy every time you use it.
- To be worn on the head
- Offers solid HIIT workouts
- Accurate heart rate tracking
- Requires regular charging
Fitness Trackers And Skin
Fitness trackers are customarily worn on our wrists like a normal watch, and a lot of people happen to be very reliant on their fitness tracker in order to keep track of their health and making sure that they are meeting their goals. If you want to be part of the movement and trend, then you also have to keep your skin in mind. Of course, not everyone’s skin reacts badly to fitness trackers, but some people might not be able to wear a fitness tracker because of skin problems.
There are a few situations where a fitness tracker might not suit your skin, and we will be listing them down and talking more about them below:
- If you happen to have an inflammatory skin condition like eczema, psoriasis and the like, then wearing a fitness tracker might aggravate your condition. This is because the tight and restricting fitness tracker can create friction against your skin, and this is what usually leads to flare-ups for people who happen to have inflammatory skin conditions.
- If you happen to have a silicone allergy, then you will not be able to use fitness trackers that have silicon bands since that will end up aggravating your allergy. This is where you can take advantage of fitness trackers that do not have silicon bands.
- If you have a nickel allergy, then you cannot wear a fitness tracker since nickel is primarily used to make the component so you can end up getting rashes when you wear it.
- If you have generally hypersensitive skin that does not react well to most products, a fitness tracker might not immediately suit your skin.
This does not have anything to do with a skin condition, but it can make it difficult to use a fitness tracker. Fitness trackers will have bacteria growing along with them, and that is normal given how we tend to keep them on at all times, even while we are running and sweating, and this is what usually leads to bacterial growth. These bacteria are not dangerous on their own, however, if you happen to have cuts or open wounds in the skin around or surrounding the fitness tracker, then the bacteria might create a problem. Of course, you can make sure to always try and keep open wounds covered and try to clean your fitness tracker as regularly as you can, but that is about the extent of all you can do.
Fitness Trackers That Can Be Good For Sensitive Skin
If you are still attached to your fitness tracker or are still looking to find one that you can use to work around with, then you can keep a few pointers in mind the next time you are out shopping for a fitness tracker. Of course, before anything else, it is still recommended that you consult with a dermatologist before you try to experiment on your own.
- Fitness trackers with silicon bands might not be a great idea. What you can do instead is to opt for fitness trackers that have either metal or cotton bands. Cotton is considered to be the better option given how it is more breathable and will allow your skin to catch a break.
- Look for fitness trackers that do not contain nickel since that can help people with nickel allergies.
- Look for a fitness tracker that actually advertises itself as breathable because a breathable fitness tracker can reduce the chances of skin irritation immensely.
- You want the fitness tracker to not be too textured or rough in feel because the friction from the texture will definitely lead to skin problems like rashes even if you do not have sensitive skin.
What You Can Do to Deal With Fitness Trackers
The problems caused by a fitness tracker are not just the company’s fault or your natural skin’s fault. There are some things that you need to do and can do in order to make your fitness tracker more wearable for your skin, and this can include:
- Taking off your fitness tracker at different times throughout the day. You do not have to wear a fitness tracker all of the time. You can take it off while you are showering or sleeping in order to let your skin breathe. Yes, it might seem tempting since the fitness tracker is waterproof, but just take it off then the next time you go and shower or anything. The longer you keep the fitness tracker on the same part of your wrist, the more air you are depriving it of.
- Switch your fitness tracker between alternating wrists every day. This will allow your wrist more air and will let it catch a break as well.
- Always make sure to clean your fitness tracker with an anti-bacterial solution once a week. This is important to prevent the buildup of dirt and harmful bacteria that can potentially irritate your skin. By keeping your fitness tracker clean, you are less likely to deal with harmful side-effects of different bacterial growth that might otherwise be happening on your fitness tracker.
This is about the extent that you can do in order to make your fitness tracker more wearable for your skin type and to just generally keep it clean as well.